03 March 2009

I thought I'd post an update on my current WiPs for whoever's interested.

Wizards of Dianthus: Adventures of the Wizard, the Apprentice and the Ghost
(WoD:AWAG) previously 'Overdue Fees'
I've written the first draft but the story is incomplete. I've reread it and am part way through making plot cards for editing it. I'm hoping to get a proof copy printed at CreateSpace for free because I participated in NaNo. But I'd have to be done by June (I think).

Wizards of Dianthus: Night Magic
(WoD:NM)
This is still unfinished. I last worked on it in early February and wrote about a paragraph. I think the sequel AWAG turned out a lot better plotwise. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this. I hope to finish and I suppose I won't really know what potential it has until I do.

Reinsforde School of Special Arts: The Harbinger
(RSSA1)
I've still got the unfinished draft of this on my HDD. However, I've been having a lot of new ideas regarding the story and magic system so I think a near complete rewrite will be required.

Renae
I was sorting out my hard drive just before uni started and came across this short story I wrote for the Women's Weekly and Penguin Books competition. I know why it didn't win. It had a lot of holes and weak spots that were nearly holes. However, I think it dealt with an interesting plot line and I hope to rewrite and expand it into a chick lit novel.


Laters,
Lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Somehow I think Overdue Fees is a better name but you can't argue with the catchy-ness of Wod:Awag :D

Lauren's bookshelf: to-read

Doctor Who: The Art Of Destruction
The Silmarillion
Lighthouse Girl
The Count of Monte Cristo
Through Gates of Splendor
The Time Traveler's Wife
Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Buffaloes: Adventures in Arnhem Land
Looks, Brains & Everything
The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion, and Internet Animators
Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study of the Years 1900-1925
The Screwtape Letters
Doctor Who: The Stealers Of Dreams
Doctor Who: The Price of Paradise
Frankenstein
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life


Books for Lauren to read... »