20 January 2009

I probably should mention that I ended up winning NaNo in 11 days. With 20 minutes to spare. W00tcakes!

Now I'm editing up my story, Wizards of Dianthus: The Adventures of the Wizard, the Apprentice and the Ghost (aka AWAG) in hopes of getting a respectable free proof copy through NaNo and CreateSpace.

I'm currently reverse outlining. This means I'm going through and figuring out what each scene I've written is about and then I'll turn these descriptions into an outline which I can rearrange and otherwise edit. It'll also show me where I skipped scenes in my mad rush to the finish.

I want to have the whole editing process done by June or July (can't remember which) to get the free proof. I also want to take advantage of the 07 offer with my original Wizards of Dianthus (even though I wrote that in 06... shhh, no one needs to know). That's due the month before 08. I haven't even written The End on that story though.

Ta-ta,
Lol

No comments:

Lauren's bookshelf: to-read

Doctor Who: The Art Of Destruction
The Silmarillion
Lighthouse Girl
The Count of Monte Cristo
Through Gates of Splendor
The Time Traveler's Wife
Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Buffaloes: Adventures in Arnhem Land
Looks, Brains & Everything
The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion, and Internet Animators
Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study of the Years 1900-1925
The Screwtape Letters
Doctor Who: The Stealers Of Dreams
Doctor Who: The Price of Paradise
Frankenstein
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life


Books for Lauren to read... »