23 September 2008

Hello from Kalgoorlie!

I'm having heaps of fun. Liss and I have done some cooking, scrapping and piano playing. We had a games night on Friday night and then one of their friends' 4-year-old had a birthday party Saturday. After church we went to a park with some of their friends. I saw emus, cockatoos, kangaroos and peacocks.

I've been thinking a bit about NaNoWriMo. My exam period is pretty much smack bang in the middle of November. I've got about a weekend after exams are over to write a novel. Unless I'm really lucky and get early exams.

If I do manage to write my 50k it'll mostly likely be a sequel to my (still unfinished) '06 NaNo or a story about shipbreakers. The sparse ideas I've had for the sequel include the MC being Rebella, one of Lez's co-wizards, the plot would revolve around a possible loose end resulting from Night Magic and there would be some interesting developements in the lives of some of the most loved (by me mostly) characters from Night Magic. I'd call it... um... I don't know. Coming up with titles is fun and annoying in even parts.

Oooh. I really want to think up a title... Plot keywords: Rebella, Moose, wedding, ghost, Prince of Wales... Ahaha! I looked over some notes about this sequel and came up with a working title (secret project name?): Overdue Fees.

I think I'll almost certainly write WoD2 if I can. It'll be easier to write in a weekend than the more serious shipbreakers story.

Argh. I can't wait to get my exam dates.

Till later,
Lol

No comments:

Lauren's bookshelf: to-read

Doctor Who: The Art Of Destruction
The Silmarillion
Lighthouse Girl
The Count of Monte Cristo
Through Gates of Splendor
The Time Traveler's Wife
Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Buffaloes: Adventures in Arnhem Land
Looks, Brains & Everything
The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion, and Internet Animators
Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study of the Years 1900-1925
The Screwtape Letters
Doctor Who: The Stealers Of Dreams
Doctor Who: The Price of Paradise
Frankenstein
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life


Books for Lauren to read... »