17 July 2009

I'm now past the 3k mark with Miss Galaxy and still enjoying spending time with the characters. I have another idea for a story of sorts--a collection of letters written by one person throughout her life right from a primary school pen pal to writing to her grand-children. It will be titled "All My Love". For the record, the title came before the concept.

The main reason I came to post today, though, is to make note of a new opportunity I've stubled across. Aspect Press in Melbourne is aiming to publish a series of 6 single-author anthologies under the title Long Story Shorts. Check out the info here.

I think Miss Galaxy may have potentional, and maybe even All My Love. I estimate that I need about 5 stories of 8000 words each. I thought I could throw in a few shorter stories as well, to bring it more between the 40000 and 70000 needed.

So there's the goal. Let's get to it.

~Lol

1 comment:

Melissa Shanhun said...

That is a great idea :) All the best with the writing!

Lauren's bookshelf: to-read

Doctor Who: The Art Of Destruction
The Silmarillion
Lighthouse Girl
The Count of Monte Cristo
Through Gates of Splendor
The Time Traveler's Wife
Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Buffaloes: Adventures in Arnhem Land
Looks, Brains & Everything
The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion, and Internet Animators
Testament of Youth: An Autobiographical Study of the Years 1900-1925
The Screwtape Letters
Doctor Who: The Stealers Of Dreams
Doctor Who: The Price of Paradise
Frankenstein
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life


Books for Lauren to read... »